Our cows live on the farms designed by our veterinarians and engineers in line with the international animal welfare rules.
These farms are equipped with digital technologies and advanced automation systems, enabling us to monitor our cows 24/7 and assure their health and welfare.
- We build our farms in sufficient size to allow each cow a living space that complies with international standards.
- The design of our farms ensures that each cow receives the maximum benefits from sunshine.
- We furnish the cows’ sleeping and resting areas with special rubber beds.
- We design the shelters for our cows in a way that ensures a constant supply of fresh air.
- We periodically clean the shelters with special equipment and ensure a hygienic, dry and clean environment for the cows.
- The drinking water quality is essential for cows. We ensure that they have access to an abundance of clean and potable water.
- We pay utmost attention to cleanness and hygiene of feeders and place all times clean and plenty feed before our cows.
The cows have a hierarchical social structure, which can, at times, be very ruthless. For this reason, we house our cows in separate paddocks in our dairy farms based on their age groups and conditions; and provide them with clean, hygienic, convenient, and comfortable areas where they can roam freely. We ensure the circulation of fresh air with ventilation fans in semi-open and tie-stall barns and utilize an automatic cooling system to reduce inefficiencies arising from heat stress. The manure on the ground is cleaned with the use of automated systems. We do not engage in practices that could harm our animals, such as branding, tail docking, or teeth clipping.
Each of our farms is managed by biosafety procedures to minimize the risk of disease transmission. We constantly monitor the health status of our animals under the supervision of our experienced personnel and veterinarians.
All of our farms have “Disease-Free” certificates issued by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, which confirms that the animals do not have any diseases and that all protective measures have been taken. Our farms are also accredited by European Union Cattle Accreditation Scheme (EUCAS), proving that our production complies with the European Union standards.
We use preventive veterinary medicine to minimize diseases and the use of medications and pay maximum attention to the use of antibiotics and antimicrobial agents when treatment is required. We destroy the milk produced by an animal under treatment until the medication is entirely discharged from the body.
We feed all animals on our farms according to their age, weight, and behavioral and physiological needs to improve their overall health and wellbeing and meet their specific needs. We feed our animals with the natural and healthy feed we produce ourselves and ensure a digestible fodder rich in protein, fat, and energy.