We would like to inform you in line with our obligation of clarification specified in Article 10 of Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“LPPD/ Law”) regarding the personal data we collect, transfer, and process as data controllers during your visit of www.sutas.com (“Website”), the official Website of Sütaş Süt Ürünleri A.Ş. (“SÜTAŞ”).
In line with our emphasis on processing and protecting personal data in accordance with applicable legislation, we aim to ensure transparency in data processing processes by informing you about why and how we process personal data, with whom we share personal data, and the justifications for such sharing.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA? WHO PROCESSES PERSONAL DATA?
Pursuant to Article 3 of the Law, personal data refer to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Pursuant to the Law, Sütaş, as “Data Controller,” may record, store, update, process and disclose and transfer your personal data to third parties in accordance with the legislation.
2. LEGAL GROUNDS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
For Sütaş to carry out its commercial activities and fulfill its obligations arising from the legislation, your personal data may be processed in all kinds of verbal, written, or electronic media with your express consent or in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of the Republic of Turkey, the LPPD, and the Turkish Penal Code No. 5237.
3. WHAT METHODS DO WE USE TO COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
As per the aforementioned legal regulations, the types of personal data collected by Sütaş may vary depending on its products, services, and commercial activities, and such data can be collected automatically or non-automatically, in physical or electronic environments, or through the Website, either verbally, in writing, or electronically. Your personal data may be processed in accordance with your express consent or the provisions of the legislation when you visit the Website, attend events organized by Sütaş, apply for a job or scholarship, fill in the forms on the Website, visit Sütaş facilities, and contact us through the call center and social media channels.
Sütaş collects, processes, shares with third parties, and securely stores your browsing information in accordance with the scope and purposes set forth in this clarification text to provide better service to the Website visitors and to fulfill legal obligations.
Cookies are also used for advertising/promotional purposes to offer you more personalized content and products. When you visit the Website, it offers you personalized content, campaigns, and products, and avoids showing you content or opportunities that you have previously chosen not to see. Cookies may also be used to activate “advertising technology” to offer you advertisements you might be interested in when you visit search engines, the Website, the mobile application, and/or other websites that carry advertisements of the Website. Advertising technology uses information from previous visits to the Website and websites/mobile applications with advertisements of the Website to offer you personalized advertisements.
The Website uses session cookies and persistent cookies. The session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. Persistent cookies stay on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies and reject both session cookies and persistent cookies by following the instructions under the “Help” section of your internet browser or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu. If you refuse session and persistent cookies, you may continue to use the Website/Mobile Application, but you may not be able to access all functions of the Website/Mobile Application or your access may be limited.
4. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Sütaş may record, store, update, disclose, transfer, categorize, and process your personal information to third parties in cases and to the extent permitted by the legislation. Any process carried out with the data, such as obtaining personal data fully or partially, automatically or non-automatically as part of a certain data recording system, and recording, storing, preserving, changing, rearranging, disclosing, transferring, taking over, making available, categorizing or preventing the use of personal data, is considered to be “processing of personal data.”
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- Confirm the identity of the party processing the data/having the data processed;
- Save information such as address, email, and telephone number for communication;
- Enable your e-newsletter subscription;
- Organize records and documents that will be the basis for any transaction in electronic (internet, mobile, etc.) or paper medium,
- Provided you give your explicit consent, contact you concerning our products and services, marketing and advertising activities; set up periodic campaigns, special advertisements, campaigns and other promotional activities for customer profiles; carry out customer “classification” studies in line with the data obtained; and analyzing surveys, telesales applications, data mining, and other statistics,
- Provided you give your explicit consent, send you congratulatory messages on special occasions, New Year’s, and holidays via text and email,
- Healthily evaluate scholarship applications,
- Evaluate opinions, suggestions, satisfaction, and complaints regarding our products and services,
- Continue our commercial activities,
- Evaluate job applications made through our website, and manage human resources processes and employment policies in case you are an employee candidate,
- Carry out the necessary efforts to enable our visitors to benefit from the products, services, or commercial activities offered by Sütaş,
- Communicate with suppliers, manufacturers, and carriers of our products and services,
- Fulfill our obligations arising from the LPPD, and
- Exercise our legal rights.
Sütaş takes all kinds of technical and administrative measures to ensure the security of the personal data you share. Furthermore, during the processing of your personal data, Sütaş meticulously observes the following principles: i) compliance with the law and the rules of good faith; ii) accuracy and, when necessary, keeping the data up to date; iii) processing for specific, clear, and legitimate purposes; iv) processing that is relevant, limited, and proportionate to the purposes for which the data are processed; v) preserving the data for the duration prescribed by the relevant legislation or for the period necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
5. PURPOSES FOR TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To carry out the aforementioned activities, Sütaş might share the personal data it processes with its business partners (companies that we receive support for sending commercial electronic messages via text, email, etc.), public institutions and organizations, social media platforms, real and legal persons residing in Turkey and abroad with commercial relations to Sütaş, Sütaş Group Companies (Yılmaz Holding A.Ş. and/or its subsidiaries, domestic and foreign affiliates, joint ventures and all their branches and offices) and digital platforms. Your personal data may also be shared with judicial and administrative institutions when necessary. We would also like to point out that your personal data is not shared with third parties under any circumstances.
6. YOUR RIGHTS ARISING FROM THE LAW ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to Article 11 of the LPPD, as the data subject, you have the right to: learn whether your personal data is being processed, request information if your personal data has been processed, learn the purposes for the processing of your personal data and whether these purposes are being adhered to, identify the local and foreign third parties receiving your personal data, request the correction of your personal data if it is processed incorrectly, request the deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the reasons for the processing of personal data are no longer relevant, request that third parties receiving the personal data are notified concerning any corrections or deletions, object to a result that is to your detriment as a result of the analysis of processed data exclusively through automated systems, and demand compensation for damages in case you suffer any harm due to the unlawful processing of personal data.
7. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
As the data subject, you can notify us of your requests regarding your rights under the LPPD with the “Sütaş Süt Ürünleri A.Ş. Application Form.” Sütaş will finalize your request free of charge within 30 (thirty) days at the latest. However, in case the Personal Data Protection Authority imposes a fee, you may be charged the fee specified in the tariff determined by Sütaş.
Data Controller ID:
Title: Sütaş Süt Ürünleri A.Ş.
Address: Dudullu Organize Sanayi Bölgesi, 1. Cadde, No.: 21/1 Ümraniye/Istanbul
Website : www.sutas.com
Mersis No.: 0788002213600018
Phone: 444 4 788
Email : email@example.com