Sütaş Opens Eastern-Southeastern Anatolia Dairy Project – Bingöl Integrated Facilities
We implement our integrated business model “Farm to Table” in all our facilities from Karacabey in the Marmara region to Aksaray in Central Anatolia, and Tire in the Aegean region. With our integrated business model, we monitor the entire process from the feeding of our cows to the delivery of dairy products to your table, ensuring that our products retain their purity, taste, and nutritional value along the way. Our fourth facility, the Sütaş Eastern-Southeastern Anatolia Dairy Project – Bingöl Integrated Facilities is equipped with the same system.
The “Eastern-Southeastern Anatolia Dairy Project – Bingöl Integrated Facilities” investment encompasses a dairy farming training center and training farm, dairy cattle farms, a breeding farm, a livestock farm, a feed factory, a dairy factory, a biogas plant, an organomineral fertilizer facility, and forage production. It also features an R&D center that will focus on livestock health and breeding. The first stage of the investment covers a land of 3.2 billion square meters. Half of the land is allocated to facilities while the remaining half is used for forage production and as pasture. The dairy factory, feed factory, farms, power production facility, and fertilizer facility all constitute a best practice of complete integration and sustainability.
The Eastern-Southeastern Anatolia Dairy Project – Bingöl Integrated Facilities will offer the following:
- The dairy farming training center and training farms will offer free trainings to young entrepreneurs, producers looking to expand their business, and investors looking to invest in dairy farming.
- The feed plant will meet the feed demand for both the cattle at our farm and the entire region.
- Our dairy factory will produce various dairy products including milk, yogurt, ayran and cheese. We will also develop regional products.
- The treatment and biogas facilities will process the manure from our farms and the waste from our factories. Our biogas facility will produce hot water, steam and electricity to power our facilities. This system will be supported by solar power.
- Once the manure and waste are processed at the biogas facility, they will be recycled into high-quality, organic fertilizer. This fertilizer not only boosts harvest productivity but also enhances the organic structure of the soil. We will distribute this fertilizer to farmers raising feed for our cows.
- It features an R&D center that will focus on livestock health and breeding.
- These facilities will employ 1,012 people. So far, 94 percent of our colleagues are from Bingöl and neighboring provinces. Furthermore, young people in Bingöl have been receiving training at the Karacabey Vocational School for eight years and have been working as interns at the Karacabey, Aksaray facilities of Sütaş to prepare for this project. They are now back in Bingöl and have commenced working at the facility.
- A continuous business opportunity and regular income will be provided to thousands of families on a contract business model in dairy and fodder Fodder production began two years earlier and this year’s harvest has already been completed. Furthermore, the winter stocks of feed for our cows are now ready.
With our Love of Milk and our love for Turkey, we continue to bring natural products from all across Turkey to your tables to share the goodness and abundance of milk and contribute to Turkey’s development and prosperity.
SÜTAŞ EASTERN-SOUTHEASTERN ANATOLIA DAIRY PROJECT BİNGÖL INTEGRATED FACILITIES SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF THE INVESTMENT
A comprehensive two-year study and research by Prof. Erinç Yeldan and the Regional Development Specialist Kamil Taşçı concerning the exhaustive impacts of the soon-to-be-completed Sütaş Eastern-Southeastern Anatolia Dairy Project – Bingöl Integrated Facilities investment on Bingöl and its surrounding region has produced a unique “Regional Impact Analysis Report.”
- The report indicates that once the Sütaş facilities launch their operations, the region will be fundamentally altered as the production technology in the region will be transformed, unemployment will be reduced, the workforce quality will improve, household income will be increased, and emigration will halt. In fact, a quality workforce will return to the region, income distribution will be balanced, and social and cultural transformation will be accelerated.
- The investment, which will play a major role in the development of agriculture and livestock activities in Bingöl and the surrounding six provinces, is expected to spark activity in many different fields, such as machinery equipment production, packaging materials production, construction, logistics, agricultural technologies and support services.
- The report defines the Sütaş Bingöl Integrated Facilities as a regional development project that ensures convergence between underdeveloped and developed regions.